Monday, September 15, 2014

Whispers on the Wind book review

Whisper on the Wind (Great War Series #2) | Maureen Lang [WWI World War I Belgium Brussels]








Title: Whispers on the Wind

Series: The Great War series

Number in series: 2

Author: Maureen Lang

Genre: Christian Historical fiction

Plot:
 Isabella 'Isa' Lassone is an independent young woman whom is determined to return to occupied Belgium in order to save her closest friends.  When Isa arrives in Belgium she soon meets Edward Kirkland, who she has loved since a child. Edward is angry that Isa has returned and wants Isa to leave as soon as possible.
 Can Isa prove she is grown up enough to handle things in Brussels- not matter the cost?

What I liked about this book:
 The story follows many of the characters mentioned in the Look to the East. It was neat to see what their lives were like and how they interacted with those of Charles and Julitte.
 
 There were many heartfelt moments that really made me stop and think about how easy my life is compared to those who suffered during World War I.


What I didn't like about this book:
 Edward was a bit to brooding and self absorbed to be a good hero for my tastes. He did start to grow on me as the book got further along, though.

My rating: 3




No comments:

Post a Comment