Monday, September 22, 2014

A Jane Austen Devotional book review

A Jane Austen Devotional. The "wit and wisdom of Jane Austen" paired with the "timeless truths of Scripture." Love reading this :D










Title: A Jane Austen Devotional


Published by : Thomas Nelson


Genre: Christian non-fiction


About this book:
This book has contains around two hundred devotions based on Jane Austen's book.
On one page there is a section of from one of Jane Austen's book.
On the page opposite of it is a page telling what can be learned from the other page and scripture pertaining to that topic.








What I liked about this book:
This was a really well thought out devotional.
 I loved how the person who wrote each devotional brought out Biblical truths from Jane Austen's books without seeming over analyized or cliche'.


 Each section was short, but very through. Since it takes only five mintues or less to read this is a great devotional to use if you only have a few minutes or to add to your current study of the Bible.






What I didn't like about this book:
This isn't a real problem, but there are two or three sections in this book on how to be a Godly wife and mother. Since I am single and these sections don't apply to me (personally) I just skipped them.




My rating: 4


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment