Friday, September 12, 2014

Look to the East book review




Look to the East (Great War Series #1) | Maureen Lang [WWI World War I France]




Title: Look to the East

Series: The Great War series

Number in series: 1

Author: Maureen Lang

Genre: Christian Historical Fiction

Plot:    Julitte Toussiant has lived a good life with her adopted family in the small village of Briecourt, France.
 As World War I starts Julitte's life begins to change in a way she never expected. She meets Charles Lassone, a wealthy Belgian, who hides in Briecourt's small church so he won't be sent to a German work camp.  As Julitte and Charles become closer their lives become endangered. Only by trusting in God will they both find a way to live in occupied France.

What I liked about this book:
 I really like Maureen Lang's writing style and storyline.
The characters were well portrayed and interesting.
Julitte, was a strong heroine with lots of faith in God and genuine love for people.
   Many of the things that happened in the plot seem like they could have happened during World War I.

What I didn't like about this book:  There were a few spiritual elements in this book that I felt weren't ( in my opinion) Biblical.

My rating: 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment