Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Door in the Hedge



The Door in the Hedge- Robin McKinley I enjoyed reading all these different tales and the twists she gave them! My favorite version of The Princess &  the Frog is in this book.



Title:  The Door in the Hedge

Author:  Robin McKinley

Genre:  Young Adult Fantasy

Plot: This book contains four short stories.
The Stolen Princess is about a land that borders Faerieland.
In this land a few newborn baby boys and seventeen- year-old girls are stolen by fairies and never seen again.
The Crown Princess, who is seventeen, is stolen and brought to Faerieland.  She soon falls in love and has to make a choice to either stay in Faerieland or go home.
      The Princess and the Frog is a retelling of the classic story with a few new elements.
  The Hunting of the Hind is about A mysterious creature called the Hind that can make you lose your mind if you try to follow it.
 When the Crown Prince comes back from chasing the Hind he is weak and dying. Can his sister find a way to save him?
  The Twelve Dancing Princesses is a retelling of the original story with a few changes.

What I liked about this book:  I don't read books very often that have several short stories in them often, so this was refreshing.
 My favorite story was The Hunting of the Hind. It reminded me of The Tales of Goldstone Woods series, which I liked.

What I didn't like about this book:  Magic and new age elements were in some of the stories, but it wasn't emphasized much.

My rating:  3

No comments:

Post a Comment