Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Giver book review





The Giver - Lois Lowry




Title:  The Giver

Series:  The Giver Quartet

Number in Series: 1

Author:  Lois Lowry
 
Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction

Plot:   Jonas lives in a seemingly perfect world.
When Jonas turns twelve he is assigned to be The Giver- the person who holds all the memories of the ways things used to be.
 Jonas finds that although his world if free of pain and heartache, no one has a choice on how to live there life. Can Jonas find a way to change things- without losing everyone he cares about?

What I liked about this book:
   This book was really good! I normally find dystopian books weird and hard to relate to, but it wasn't that case with the Giver.
   The storyline was great; it made me really think about pain, choices, and love.
 Jonas' character really grew throughout this book. I hope he makes an appearance in the other books of this series.

What I didn't like about this book:
There were things in the book that were confusing, but they got explained later in the book.

My rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment