Thursday, June 19, 2014
Sunflower Award Tag
Rissi from Dreaming Under the Same Moon has awarded my the Sunflower Award. Thank you Rissi!!!!
The rules of the tag are:
1. Leave a link to the blogger who tagged you.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions from the blogger who tagged you.
4. Come up with 11 questions to tag people with.
5. Tag eleven people and let them know you tagged them.
11 Random Facts
1. I think yellow and blue look good together
2. I have been listening to the soundtrack from the newest Romeo and Juliet movie ( Which I haven't seen). It is so lovely!
3. I am so excited that Netflix (finally) has the 7th season of Doctor Who!
4. I haven't read any classic books in a while, which I hope to remedy soon.
5. I like bacon and peanut butter sandwiches. I know it sounds gross, but it's actually really good.
6. I like to read and write books that are in first person.
7. I really, really want to read 'Shadowhand' by Anne Elisabeth Stengl.
8. My favorite song to play on the piano right now is 'Watermark' by Enya.
9. I have never eaten maccaroons, but I would like to.
10. I am hoping to start posting some of my Favorite Quotes monthly on this blog.
11. I consider Queen Anne's lace a wildflower.
1. Is there one book you could recommend to everyone?
The Bible! Also, 'Kisses from Katie' by Katie Davis.
Everyone should read both of those.
2. What is your favorite genre to read, and why?
It depends on my mood. I read mostly historical fiction because I enjoy learning about the past.
3. How do you feel about the way teens are portrayed in secular fiction?
Most of the time secular books make teens seem that all they think about their latest crush and how unfair their parents are.
I agree, since I am still a teen, that we can act that way, but I don't think that all of us do most of the time.
4. Name a movie or tv show that surpised you recently, and why?
A few months ago I watched a Christian movie called 'The Medallion'. When I first started watching it I thought it was going to be super cheesy and cliche'. I ended up liking. The acting was pretty good and the location of the film was interesting.
5. If you could visit any fictional world, which would you pick?
I answered Narnia in another tag, so this time I will say Middle Earth.
6. How many books and what is on your TBR pile?
I have about twenty more books I would like to read this summer ( I know, I am aiming pretty high:).
I would like to read these books in the next few weeks;
Books two and three in the 'Grand Tour' Series by Lisa T. Bergren,
'The Fool's Girl' by Celia Rees, and 'Northanger Abbey' by Jane Austen.
7. Are you and e-reader or physical copy reader?
Physical copy reader.
8. What would you like to see more in fiction?
Books set in the 1700s. I have only read a few books set in that period.
9. Not a question, but since it was popular on Twitter for a while, just for fun, share a "shelfie" ( a picture of your bookshelf)
Photo will be uploaded soon
My 11 Questions:
1. Are there any movies you will see on the Big Screen this Summer?
2. How do you have your bookshelf organized?
3. Is there a book you have been wanting to read all year ( or longer) that you haven't read yet?
4. Favorite flavor of milkshake?
5. Do you think it's important to eat organic food? Why or why not?
6. What is one song you never get tired of listening to?
7. Have you ever been to a author's book signing ?
8. Would you ever do something like skydiving or bungee jumping?
9. What is one vegetable you won't eat?
10. Do you ever 'doggie ear' a page to mark where you left off?
Anyone who would like to do this tag is welcome to.