Thursday, June 12, 2014

Blackmoore book review


1. Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson. I love discovering an author whose characters captivate me and whose prose I admire (and wish I had written!). A great start to my reading log for 2014. http://www.amazon.com/Blackmoore-Proper-Romances-Julianne-Donaldson/dp/1609074602/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top








Title: Blackmoore - a proper romance

Author: Julianne Donaldson

Genre: Historical fiction

Plot: For ten or more years Kate Worthington has wanted to see Blackmoore, an estate owned by her friends.
 The only way Kate will be allowed to go to Blackmoore, and India afterwards, is if Kate receives three marriage proposals and rejects them all.
 Can it be, that what might free Kate also be holding her back?

What I liked about this book: It was just the style of writing I really like.
 The characters in this book are far from perfect, especially Kate. In the end, though, hard lessons are learned.
  I thought the romance between two characters realistic, yet beautiful.

What I didn't like about this book: There is a lot of talk about characters possibly being unfaithful to their husbands. It is assumed some characters act suggestive so they will receive a marriage proposal.

Would I recommend this?      Yes!!!!! Anyone who likes Julie Klassen and Lisa T. Bergrens' style of writing would really like this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment