Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Frightened Whisper book review







Title: The Frightened Whisper

Series: None

Author: Helen Girvan

Genre: Young Adult Mystery

Plot: Laurel 'Lolly' Sinclair is a student at Beechcroft, an a girls boarding school. Many of the girls have had things taken from their rooms, only to have most of the things returned later. When a very valuable document is taken it is up to Lolly to find the document before any of her fellow classmates can be wrongly accused.

What I liked about this book: This was a nice vintage read. The style of the book is similar to that of The Nancy Drew mysteries.

What I didn't like about this book: The mystery wasn't super hard to figure out.

Would I recommend this? I would recommend this to tweens who like Nancy Drew.

Note: This book was written in the 1960s and has not been reproduced to my knowledge. Fairly inexpensive copies of this book are available on ebay, if you would like to buy it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment