Tuesday, July 28, 2015

// Monthly Favorites// July 2015//






 



 

Can you believe that the month of July is almost over? And that the 4th of July was nearly a month ago? Summer months have a way of passing by too fast.

    Anyway, here are some things I liked in the month of July.




                   
// Colloquial Korean for beginners//

 



















A few weeks ago I went to my favorite used book store. While I was there I found this beginning Korean book , that is like new, for only $4.50.
 This book is easy to read and has clear instuctions. I now know what most of the Korean symbols sound like and will hopefully be learning to read words and sentences soon.



                   

// Granite Flats TV Show//



Granite Flats is BYUtv's First Original Seriesand Good Family Fare

















My family and I watched all three seasons of this show this month. At first glance this may just look like a children's show, but trust me, it's not. It about espionage taking place when America is trying to expose communism.
Sadly, though, season three ended on a cliff hanger and I found out that the show has been canceled. Ugh!
Despite that, I still think this show is worth a watch.





                                
// My new ring//















I bought this sterling silver ring at Kohl's on sale. I used to have a ring like it, which I've sadly lost, so I thought this was a good replacement.



  

                                    
// Gradient lip trend//

 

Don't have a lip tint? It's okay! Look!




 










 

I think this is such a pretty and natural look. I've done it myself a few times; it's easy to accomplish.


  

                          

// Hannah Rupp youtube channel//


 




   

  

 I really enjoy watching Hannah's thrift hauls. Hannah finds quirky and fun items, plus she's got a great sense of humor.




                        
// K. Will music videos//








This k-pop artist makes such sweet and romantic music videos.
 Above is my favorite of his videos. The couple in it are just too adorable.




What about you?

What are some things you have enjoyed this month?



 

8 comments:

  1. Cute. I've not seen that lipstick "look," but it's pretty. Sorry about your show being cancelled. That's a bummer... and as for these summer months... yes! They're going by way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Rissi!
      Summer always goes by fast. Thta's okay I guess, because that means pumpkin flavored food and drinks and boots will be in soon:)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh that is so cool you are learning Korean! My best friend is into a lot of K-Pop singers (makes me wonder if she has seen this one). Also, that's a pretty ring! One thing I'm enjoying this month is writing (never thought I ever say that) and getting a new blog up next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Laura!
      Oh cool. I haven't listened to much k-pop (yet) but I 'm slowly finding artists I like.

      Writing is so much fun! I thought I saw on instagram that your writing a book? If so that so great:0)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I'm not sure how much she listens to of it, but I know she keeps up with the artists over there.

      I am! Thank you! I plan to share my first blog post tomorrow! I'm really excited and a little nervous. :)

      Delete
    3. Cool! Can't wait to hear about your book:)

      Delete
  3. *wants the Korean book* I want to learn Korean! I've picked up on some words and phrases after watching KDramas for almost a year, but I want to know more. My brother does have a Japanese learning program, and I might take that. Not Korean, but still would be a cool language to know. Have fun with the book, Ella!

    Favorites of this month. Well, July's been a pretty rough month, but there has been some good. I'm watching Boys Over Flowers through for the fourth time in less than 12 months (I seriously love that show!), I was accepted to review some good looking books, and my birthday is this month. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learning languages are fun. Korean can be a challenge, but it's also very fun. A great resource is the youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/sweetandtasty.
      Learning Japanese would be neat:)

      Ah!!!! 'Boys over flowers' is just special. When you find a good show why not re-watch it several times:0)

      Delete