Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Cinder book review




Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles Series #1) ..If you want a crazy twist on some well known Fairy Tales then read this series. I have Loved them!








Title: Cinder


Series: The Lunar Chronicles


Number in series: 1


Author: Marissa Meyer


Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction


Plot:  Cinder, a mechanic, lives in New Beijing with her stepmother and two stepsisters. Cinder is a cyborg, which makes her outcast in society. Her only friends are her droid, Iko, and her stepsister Peony.
  When Prince Kai asks Cinder to fix his droid, Cinder is thrown into a world of secrets and intrigue.  As Cinder learns of some scary truths she is in danger of hurting those around her.


What I liked about this book:

This was such a interesting book!!!
  The way the author made a well known fairytale into a YA Sci-Fi was brilliant.  I am excited to see how she will incorporate other fairytales into this series.

 The characters were well rounded. The main characters were quirky and funny.  The evil characters were thoroughly wicked and despicable.

The plot was based on Cinderella, but it felt like a new story. It didn't end like I thought it was going to ( in a good way:).



What I didn't like about this book:

There is some content;  Mild swearing and a few innuendoes.
It is hinted at that  certain types of androids are prostitutes.



My rating: 3


8 comments:

  1. Good review, Ella. :-)
    I agree- that was not the ending I was expecting. But it made it unique, which I like. I think the second book was my favorite, though I've enjoyed all the ones I've read in the series so far. Wish it wasn't over a year until the final book, but at least there's the prequel set to release in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Grace!!!!
      I am glad to hear the other books in the series are good too.
      A prequel sounds really cool. I will have to give it a read after it's released.

      Delete
  2. Super glad to add you to my list of bloggers who likes this book, Ella - or my mental list, anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Ella! I wouldn't mind reading this one as I do like a good fairy tale retelling! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Laura!!!!

      If you do read this book I hope you enjoy it:)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a cool book!
    I'm glad your still blogging! Thanx for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ella!!!

    I'm glad your blogging too! I am looking forward to your posts in the future:)

    ReplyDelete