Kellie from Accordion To Kellie is hosting her fifth annual Literary Heroine blog party.
I've decided to participate this year by answering the tag below.
1.Introduce yourself! Divulge your life's vision, likes, dislikes, aspirations, or something completely random!
Hi! I'm Ella (pen name). I run my blog 'A Book in the Hand', where I review books from a Christian perspective. Besides reading and blogging I enjoy making videos with my family and friends, and trying out different crafting projects. I'm a fan of Narnia, Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings, Once Upon a Time, and, of cource, Period Dramas.
2. What, to you, forms the essence of a true heroine?
A woman who stands up for what's right, no matter the cost.
3. Share (up to) four heroines of literature that you most admire and relate to.
Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables, Polly Milton from An Old-Fashioned Girl, Elnora Comstock from The Girl of the Limberlost, and Anne Elliot from Persuasion.
4. Five of your favorite Historical novels?
The Scarlet Pimpernel by Barroness Orczy, Persuasion by Jane Austen, Silas Marner by George Elliot, Anne books by Lucy Maud Montgomery, and An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott.
5.Out of those five books who is your favorite major character and why?
Anne Shirley. Her imaginative ways and cheerful outlook inspires me to be hopeful.
6.Out of those five books who is your favorite secondary character and why?
Sir Andrew Ffoulkes from the Scarlet Pimpernel. I normally don't like the swashbuckling and falls-in-love quickly type of character, but there is something a little bit special about him:)
7.If you were to plan out your dream vacation, where would you travel to- and what would you plan to do there.
I would take a cruise to the Mediterranean where I would soak up the sun, eat delicious seafood, and tour old castles.
8.What is your favorite time period and culture to read about?
I have always enjoyed learning about the Revolutionary War time period.
9. You have been invited to perform at a local charity concert. Singing,comedy, recitation, tap dancing... What is your act comprised of?
Playing the piano as best as I can, I guess.
10. If you were to attend a party where each guest was to portray a heroine of literature who would you portray?
Hm... I guess Eppie from Silas Marner. We both have similar physical traits.
11. Favorite authors?
Too many to list. Just a few of my favorites are C.S.Lewis, L.M. Montgomery, Lois Walfred Johnson, Julie Klassen, Anne Elisabeth Stengl, and Louisa May Alcott.
12. In which centaury where most of the books your read written?
In the 19th and 21st centauries.
13. In your opinion, the ultimate her in all of literature is...
Gilbert Blythe. By now you can guess that I might be (just a little:) obsessed with Anne of Green Gables.
14.In your opinion, the most dastardly villain of all of literarture is...
Sauron from Lord of the Rings. Talk about evil *shudders*.
15.Describe your ideal dwelling place.
A cottage somewhere quite, but not too far from a town. It would have a small flower garden in the front yard and a peaceful stream in the backyard.
16.Sum up your fashion style in a short sentence.
Feminine, but simple.
17. Your favorite non-fiction book.
Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis.
18. Your duties meet for the day, how would you choose to spend a care-free summer afternoon?
I would hang out with my friends while we enjoy ice cream.
19. Create a verbal sketch of your dream hat in such a way that would portray your true character.
A round hat with a blue ribbon tied in a bow that keeps the sun out of my face.
20. Share the most significant events that has marked you life in the past year.
God teaching me, through my stubbornness, to let him have control of things even when I feel like I 'know' what's best.
21. Share the Bible passages that have been most inspiring to you recently.
For God proved His own love toward us, while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.
Thank you, Kellie for hosting this each year!!!