Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Lady in the Mist book review

#christianromance




Title: Lady in the Mist

Series: The Midwives series

Number in Series: 1

Genre: Christian Historical Fiction

Plot: Tabitha Eckles is an unmarried midwife, which makes her unusual in the early 1800s. Tabitha lives in a small town on the coast of Virginia where young men are being captured by The British and are being forced to serve in the British Navy.
   Dominick Cherrett, an indentured servant, is British and has just moved into the area. People begin to wonder if Dominick has anything to do with the local men disappearing.
Can Tabitha trust him?


What I liked about this book:
 This book is set in America in 1809.
Before reading this book I knew little about that time period in America. Because of that I thought this book was really interesting.
  
The storyline was fast paced, so it kept my attention the entire time
I was reading it.



What I didn't like about this book:
The characters were really great, but many of them had dealt with hardships that I had a hard time relating to.

There was more kissing in this book than I am used to in Christian fiction.


My rating: 3

2 comments:

  1. I have wanted to take a chance on this one, but still haven't! I like novels that are fast paced though so I might enjoy this one. However I'm not a big fan on a whole bunch of kissing either. Thanks for the heads up about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Laura!!!
      If you do read this book I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

      Have a great day!!!

      Delete