Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Messenger Book Review







Title: The Messenger

Author: Siri Mitchell

Series: Against All Expectations Book Five

Genre: Historical Fiction

Pages: 374

Plot: Hannah Sunderland is a Quaker trying to please her family and church in the tumult of the War for Independence.
Hannah finds out her twin brother, who joined the patriots,  has been put in jail. Hannah's church has forbidden any of their faith to visit those in jail, but she knows she must help her brother.
 Jeremiah Jones gets Hannah a pass to visit her brother in exchange that she will deliver secret messages.
 How much will Hannah risk to help the brother that she loves?

What I liked about this book: I haven't read many books that are set in this era, so I really enjoyed this book.
 This is the second Siri Mitchell book I've read and I like her writing style.

What I didn't like about this book: The Quaker faith in this book is confusing and not always biblical.

Would I recommend this book? Yes! I already have recommended this to my Mom.

4 comments:

  1. I've only read one novel by Siri (Unrivaled, I think) and it wasn't my cup of tea. However... I've been encouraged to give her writing another chance since devoted fans of hers didn't love the one I read either, so I plan to read her new novel this spring. It sounds cute, so here's hoping. :)

    Glad you liked this book, Ella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Rissi.
    I hope you will give this book a try.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ella! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love how you've set up your blog design :)

    This book sounds really good! I haven't read any books by Siri Mitchell before, but I've heard great things about her work. I'll be sure to look into this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jillian!!!!

    I hope you will get a chance to read this book. Unrivaled is another good book by Siri Mithcell too.

    I hope you have a great week in the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete